NEW! - HLEC membership approves Church Structure Change
The membership of High Level Evangelical Church has voted in favour of a church structure change that will see the existing Elders' Board and Deacons' Board be replaced with a single Board.
The membership has also voted in favour of adopting the church structure diagram as presented. The two votes were held during the July 22, 2020, membership meeting.
SUNDAY WORSHIP SERVICES RESUME
Starting June 14th, Sunday morning worship services at HLEC resumed at 11 a.m. as part of Phase 2 of the Alberta Government's relaunch plan.
There is no longer a limit on how many people can attend a church worship service, so all are welcome!
However, due to ongoing government requirements regarding COVID-19, the weekly services will look a little bit different than usual.
For example, physical distancing of 2 metres between different households/ 'cohort families' must continue to be observed, congregational singing is not yet permitted and there will be no coffee time before the service or Children's Church during the service.
More details will be provided on Sunday.
Please note that the public health restrictions listed below remain in effect.
Since not everyone is on Facebook or checks the Church website, please pass this information on to those whom you meet.
Thank you for your cooperation and understanding.
SOME OF THE RESTRICTIONS OF WHICH YOU NEED TO BE AWARE OF WHEN ATTENDING:
1.. The Government is asking that you self-assess yourself for COVID-19 symptoms before attending a church service.
You can do so by using this self-assessment tool on the Alberta Government website. To arrange to get tested for COVID-19, please call 811 (Alberta Health Link) or visit ahs.ca/covid to get more information about the testing or book appointment online.
Below are the symptoms which they list.
Most common symptoms:
Less common symptoms:
aches and pains
loss of taste or smell
a rash on skin, or discoloration of fingers or toes
difficulty breathing or shortness of breath
chest pain or pressure
loss of speech or movement
PLEASE DO NOT ATTEND ON ANY GIVEN SUNDAY IF YOU HAVE SYMPTOMS
2. Physical Distancing must be maintained between people that are not from the same household or their chosen 'cohort families'.
3. Infants and children under 2 must remain with their parents or guardians at all times in order to maintain social distancing. Nursery and children’s church will not be available.
4. Individuals not from the same household must maintain physical distancing when coming into the Church or leaving the Church. Which means, enter the Church in your household group and leave 2 meters between groups.
5. Hand sanitizer will be available as you enter and as you leave. If you want to, you can use it to clean your hands both on entry and on exit.
6. You are asked to sit in your “household group,” and asked to leave at least 2 meters between groups. (4 to 5 chairs) between groups.
7. A voluntary list will be kept of people who attend, in case someone comes with COVID-19 and the Government needs to do “contact tracing.”
8. Handshaking and hugs are not allowed at this time. Please visit and fellowship, but please adhere to the social distancing with anyone outside of your household group.
9. Congregational singing is not allowed, so when our musicians sing, please refrain from singing and use the occasion to worship quietly together.
Here's a great way to keep up to date with all the latest news from High Level Evangelical Church.
Just provide your e-mail address below and click 'Subscribe' to get HLEC's weekly bulletin sent right to your e-mail inbox.
The church library will be open starting Sunday, May 3rd. We are operating the library on an honor system. Please return all items before borrowing new ones. More information about signing out items is posted in the library.
If you are unable to attend the worship services at the church, there are two ways that you can give your tithes and offerings:
1.) Put your cash/cheque/debit slip (merchant copy) into an envelope and either put it into the metal box in the 'debit machine nook' at the church OR give it directly to Ben Gerbrandt.
2.) NEW - You can also give to HLEC via an Interac e-transfer through your online banking. Send your contribution to the e-mail address email@example.com and Ben Gerbrandt will process it. If possible, please put your name and/or mailing address as a message in your transfer so that we can issue a receipt to you. To learn more about using this tithing option, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.