I have some good news and some bad news for you.
The good news is that the Alberta Government has moved to phase one of relaxing the COVID-19 restrictions.
This means we can now begin meeting for Church Worship Services. We have all been waiting for this.
The bad news is that COVID-19 is still with us, so we do so with restrictions imposed upon us to try and contain the spread of the virus.
So the first restriction is that the maximum we can host in a service is 50 people including staff and volunteers. Which means we will have to go to multiple services.
Starting May 24th, we will be offering Worship Services at the following times.
Saturday Evening at 7 pm.
Sunday Morning at 9 am and 11 am.
If these three services fill up and we need to offer a fourth service, we will do so Sunday evenings at 7 pm. But we will not do so until the other three services are full.
For those who would still prefer to still stay in your homes, we will continue to record the services.
Since we cannot have everyone showing up at the same service, we will need you to sign up for the service which you will be attending. When you sign up, you are not signing up just for one service on one weekend, but you are signing up for the same time of service for the weeks ahead until the Gov’t allows us to be all together in one service.
PLEASE DO NOT ATTEND A SERVICE FOR WHICH YOU HAVE NOT SIGNED UP FOR, AS THAT SERVICE WILL LIKELY BE FULL.
PLEASE SIGN UP FOR ONLY YOU AND THOSE WHO ARE LIVING IN YOUR HOUSE.
Do not sign up for family or friends outside of your home. They need to sign up for themselves.
To sign up you can phone the Church (780 926-4261) on Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday mornings – May 19-21 – between 9am and 12pm and ask for Esther Ford. If you miss those times and phone after Thursday, please call Esther on her cell phone.
We are giving you advance notice so that you can think about which service you would prefer.
And since not everyone is on Facebook or checks the Church website, please pass this info on to those whom you meet.
SOME OF THE RESTRICTIONS OF WHICH YOU NEED TO BE AWARE OF WHEN ATTENDING:
1.. The Government is asking that you self-assess yourself for COVID-19 symptoms before attending.
You can do so by using this self-assessment tool on the Alberta Government website.
Below are the symptoms which they list.
Most common symptoms:
Less common symptoms:
aches and pains
loss of taste or smell
a rash on skin, or discoloration of fingers or toes
difficulty breathing or shortness of breath
chest pain or pressure
loss of speech or movement
PLEASE DO NOT ATTEND ON ANY GIVEN SUNDAY IF YOU HAVE SYMPTOMS
2. Physical Distancing must be maintained between people who are not from the same household at all times.
3. Infants and children must remain with their parents or guardians at all times in order to maintain social distancing. Nursery and children’s church will not be happening.
4. Individuals not from the same household must maintain physical distancing when coming into the Church or leaving the Church. Which means, enter the Church in your household group and leave 2 meters between groups.
5. Hand sanitizer will be provided as you enter and as you leave. You are asked to use it to clean your hands both on entry and on exit.
6. Seating will be marked – please do not sit in the rows which are marked “off limits.” You are asked to sit in your “house-hold group,” and asked to leave at least 2 meters between groups. (4 to 5 chairs between groups.
7. A list will be kept of all who attend, in case someone comes with COVID-19 and the Government needs to do “contact tracing.”
8. Handshaking and hugs are not allowed. Please visit and fellowship, but please adhere to the social distancing with anyone outside of your household group.
9. Congregational singing is not allowed, so when our musicians sing, please refrain from singing and use the occasion to worship quietly together.
I know that this will seem very strange and some may feel like rebelling against these rules, but let’s respect our Gov’t and what they are trying to do through these rules. Let us appreciate that we can be together again, even if it is in small groups. It will be good to worship God again, even if our group size is limited.
I look forward to being with you again in the Church services, and it will be great to preach to a larger audience than just two. :)
May God bless,
Here's a great way to keep up to date with all the latest news from High Level Evangelical Church.
Just provide your e-mail address below and click 'Subscribe' to get HLEC's weekly bulletin sent right to your e-mail inbox.
The church library will be open starting Sunday, May 3rd. We are operating the library on an honor system. Please return all items before borrowing new ones. More information about signing out items is posted in the library.
If you are unable to attend the worship services at the church, there are two ways that you can give your tithes and offerings:
1.) Put your cash/cheque/debit slip (merchant copy) into an envelope and either put it into the metal box in the 'debit machine nook' at the church OR give it directly to Ben Gerbrandt.
2.) NEW - You can also give to HLEC via an Interac e-transfer through your online banking. Send your contribution to the e-mail address email@example.com and Ben Gerbrandt will process it. If possible, please put your name and/or mailing address as a message in your transfer so that we can issue a receipt to you. To learn more about using this tithing option, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.